Safety Protocols for Safe Dentistry
At Dental Partners of Vero Beach our top priority is safety and wellness for our patients and our entire team. During these unprecedented times we have increased our already high standards of sterilization and disinfecting for the safety of everyone.
As always, our team has complied with the strictest of OSHA standards with health, safety, and sterilization protocols and procedures following universal precautions. During and since these unprecedented times we have added additional levels of personal protection equipment (PPE), additional treatment mouthguards, extraoral suction units and air filtration systems for all areas of the office. These additional safety measures add additional protection for our staff, and of course our patients. In addition, we have instituted prescreening protocols and procedures. These prescreening steps will ensure that we are taking every precaution to eliminate the chances of COVID-19 entering our office space.
We assure you that we have the safety of our patients and team as our top priority. We appreciate all of your patience and cooperation as we navigate these times of health concern.
Prior to entering our office, on the 2 nd floor, you will be greeted by an associate in the lobby who will ask that you comply with a few screening steps. Please assist us with the following protocols and procedures:
- Everyone is asked to wear a mask into our office. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for each person.
- Temperatures will be taken, with a no touch thermometer, of all individuals prior to entering our office. No one will enter the office with a temperature higher than 99.1. Please Note: Any patient with COVID symptoms or a temperature will not be seen. (If it is an emergency, a telemed call or an afterhours appointment will be made to avoid contact with other patients and or staff members).
- Complete a consent and COVID agreement (questionnaire).
- After completing the pre-screening you may enter our 2 nd floor waiting area. All areas have plenty of seating to comply with social distancing of 6 feet apart.
- We are asking that only patients that are being seen enter our office. If a person is offering you a ride, or is a caretaker, and cannot stay in their car, we will screen them, provide them with a mask and ask that they wait in our waiting areas. All that enter our office will be asked to comply with social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- All patients will be asked to wash their hands when entering the operatories and rinse their mouths with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide mouthwash.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the office and we encourage it to be used.
- We will ensure that all patients remain 6 feet apart during check in and check out procedures.
- Common touched surfaces will be disinfected between patients by our staff.
Our staff has been equipped with the finest PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) that includes Face and Eye protection: N-95 Masks and Face Shields, Gloves, Hair Covers, and Scrubs Covers. Our entire dental team uniform protocol is to dress in the morning with fresh garments, and undress in the office so their garments can be disinfected and washed. Footwear is swapped out as well (office and personal). In addition, our team has the ability to shower prior to leaving the office to further protect their loved ones and our staff.
The following is equipment that we are utilizing to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Medify Medical Grade Filtration H13 HEPA Air purifiers in every room as well as in the waiting room and hallways.
2. Isodry continuous suction in all rooms for use during dental procedures. These continuous suction appliances are proven to reduce aerosols and splatter up to 90% during dental procedures.
3. ADS extraoral suction unit available for procedures in which the isodray cannot be used for emergency procedures in which the patient has respiratory symptoms.
4. UV Portable Sterilizer – Used in our office over surfaces, and personal clothing as a chemical free disinfectant.
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) is a disinfection method that uses short- wavelength ultraviolet (UV-C) light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions.
We appreciate all our patients for helping us implement these new protocols and procedures to keep everyone safe during these uncertain times. If you have any questions regarding our procedures and protocols please give us a call at (772) 569-4118.